This challenge involved using a white wax crayon to provide a resist to the ink used on a card.
Easy peasy I thought after watching the video! I can do that one.
Off I set to buy a crayon at an art supply shop in Hobart. I found and bought a lovely white crayon there, came home, made the card, and disaster! There was very little resist and the distress inks I used to colour the card simply coloured into the crayoned areas, almost as if it wasn't there. When I read the fine print on the crayon I found it was water soluble! Ho hum, I do know about reading the fine print, but why would a wax crayon need to be water soluble? I will let you know when I find out...
Later that day, reluctant to accept defeat so tamely I scooted into Big W and purchased a pack of ankle-biter crayons. (a whole box for less than half what I paid for the single sneaky one!). I just hope my grandsons visit before they grow too old for crayons.(Hope they won't need the white one).
Anyway, today I had a second go at the technique with much better results. The flowers have a lovely glossy sheen from the wax and the treated areas resisted the ink very nicely.
I like the blotchy imperfection of the end result.
The cardstock is all PTI, stamps are Kaisercraft, inks are ranger distress ink except for the tiny flower centres which are PTI Dark Chocolate, sprinkles are from Annabelle stamps.